America Cameras - Bait & Switch Scam!

I ordered a specific Nikon DSLR lens from their web site.Within 24 hours, I received an e-mail saying that I had to call customer service in order to finalize the order.

When I did so, they instructed me that the lens I ordered was an international version that would only work on video cameras -- not digital SLR photo cameras. Although I later found out the story they told was a complete fabrication, they insisted I purchase the "correct" lens for still photos. I was ordering this lens as a Christmas gift and am unfamiliar with the product, so I initially took their recommendation. Their recommendation was a Sigma lens that they charged me $679 for.

After I placed the order, I was told that the same lens retails almost everywhere else for less than $350.

I quickly called to cancel my order.Although the order was eventually cancelled, I was subjected to rude customer service and multiple sales pitches before it was processed.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to America Cameras. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about America Cameras.
Filing a new complaint about