I ordered a specific Nikon DSLR lens from their web site.Within 24 hours, I received an e-mail saying that I had to call customer service in order to finalize the order.

When I did so, they instructed me that the lens I ordered was an international version that would only work on video cameras -- not digital SLR photo cameras. Although I later found out the story they told was a complete fabrication, they insisted I purchase the "correct" lens for still photos. I was ordering this lens as a Christmas gift and am unfamiliar with the product, so I initially took their recommendation. Their recommendation was a Sigma lens that they charged me $679 for.

After I placed the order, I was told that the same lens retails almost everywhere else for less than $350.

I quickly called to cancel my order.Although the order was eventually cancelled, I was subjected to rude customer service and multiple sales pitches before it was processed.

Review about: Nikon Dslr Lens.

I didn't like: Bait and switch tactics.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Poor customer service / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with America Cameras?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.