I ordered a specific Nikon DSLR lens from their web site.Within 24 hours, I received an e-mail saying that I had to call customer service in order to finalize the order.

When I did so, they instructed me that the lens I ordered was an international version that would only work on video cameras -- not digital SLR photo cameras. Although I later found out the story they told was a complete fabrication, they insisted I purchase the "correct" lens for still photos. I was ordering this lens as a Christmas gift and am unfamiliar with the product, so I initially took their recommendation. Their recommendation was a Sigma lens that they charged me $679 for.

After I placed the order, I was told that the same lens retails almost everywhere else for less than $350.

I quickly called to cancel my order.Although the order was eventually cancelled, I was subjected to rude customer service and multiple sales pitches before it was processed.

I didn't like: Bait and switch tactics.

Had an Experience with America Cameras?

Comments

Nuwave Oven - Cracked NuWave Nuwave Oven "I called to see if I can get a replacement because my NuWave has cracked in two places and they said it was out of warranty however they would sell..." Read more Swagway - Buyer Beware! Swagway "I bought a brand new (or so I thought) X2 on 12/8/16 straight off of the company website. It was a promo deal that included the board and bag. When..." Read more America Cameras - America Camera, with a demo battery that only works 10-15 minutes lol America Cameras "After the company called me to tell me my order would NOT include the battery for the camera I told them that their "Package" was deceptive because the photo clearly..." Read more Never Purchase a Carrier Product Carrier "5 year old unit and still under warranty. ISSUE #1: On June 20, 2017 the blower motor on my 48ES-A420903-GP HVAC/Gas Pak stopped working. It was after 4:00pm and the..." Read more National Laser Institute - Finicial advisors charge more money from black ppl National Laser Institute "I graduated with almost 40 people. Tuition was about $7,295. After speaking with almost every student, that we're offered or aware and given the option of a scholarship. Almost everyone..." Read more Priceline is Fraud Priceline "Bought a hotel reservation that was changeable. Turned out it was bait and switch. Out over $1200. See the screen grab of the actual page I purchased from. Note the..." Read more Walmart - BUG IN MY "WASHED AND READY TO EAT" SPINACH Walmart "After a morning, which led to a rather warm afternoon, I decided that I would purchase my greens from my local Walmart, as to prevent heat induced wilting. My local..." Read more Brighter Image Lab - Misused photos & go fund me account Brighter Image Lab "Back in 2015, I was searching for option cheaper than having all my teeth removed and getting an upper denture. I sent in a phone and a testimonial to these..." Read more