I ordered a specific Nikon DSLR lens from their web site.Within 24 hours, I received an e-mail saying that I had to call customer service in order to finalize the order.
When I did so, they instructed me that the lens I ordered was an international version that would only work on video cameras -- not digital SLR photo cameras. Although I later found out the story they told was a complete fabrication, they insisted I purchase the "correct" lens for still photos. I was ordering this lens as a Christmas gift and am unfamiliar with the product, so I initially took their recommendation. Their recommendation was a Sigma lens that they charged me $679 for.
After I placed the order, I was told that the same lens retails almost everywhere else for less than $350.
I quickly called to cancel my order.Although the order was eventually cancelled, I was subjected to rude customer service and multiple sales pitches before it was processed.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Bait and switch tactics
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Product or service
- Nikon Dslr Lens
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "After the company called me to tell me my order would NOT include the battery for the camera I told them that their "Package" was deceptive because the photo clearly..."
- "I bought a RainSoft water softener after mailing in a water sample that I brought home from Home Depot. I wrote the check (see attachment), but the account is..."
- "Copy of E-mail I sent GE:I spent thousands of $$$ on putting all monogram appliances into my re-modeled home, purchased from Spencerâ€™s in Phoenix AZ.The Refrigerator (ZISS480DRISS) brokeâ€¦of course following..."
- "Went to KFC on 146 in baytown Texas tonight to get the 20.00 meal deal. Got 2 pints of potatoes .. my husband put potatoes on his plate , went..."
- "2 days ago 1 of my daughters opened can of corn for dinner. It was supposed to expire: 08/31/2017. It was a nightmare to see that. it was something terrible.It..."
- "BAD BREEDER EXPERIENCE 3D Retrievers - Labrador Retriever Breeder Conroe, TX Recently purchased a 3 year old Lab, who was stated to be in good health, with no known health..."
- "I have recently noticed that people usually only give online reviews when they are angry, so I've made it a point to go on some review sites and air out..."
- "My daughter passed the first audition in Little Rock,AR.; after we paid the first payment. Her older sister was diagnosed with Leukemia; which Praise missed the pageant. And when I..."
- "I returned from a business trip to find my ac broken during a heatwave. It is 111' and my city is on the news. The contractor they gave..."